Acting DRE Employment Opportunity
First Parish Bridgewater, is seeking an acting part-time (approx. 15 hours/week) Director of Religious Education (DRE). The position is currently for a one year period, at which point we may discuss changing to permanent. The qualifying candidate will be a well-organized, enthusiastic, caring, and innovative person, excited to work collaboratively with our interim minister and the RE Committee to continue and develop our dynamic Religious Education program and to think creatively about its future.
Our program provides 30+ children and youth with opportunities to...
- develop a sense of wonder about the world
- explore a wide variety of religious and cultural traditions
- express their thoughts and feelings
- make and display their own creative work
- learn to make responsible, healthy choices
- form lasting friendships with one another, and achieve a sense of group identity and pride in being a UU
- stay involved with our church community through high school and beyond
Acting DRE Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge of, and enthusiasm for, liberal religion and Unitarian Universalism
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with technology including social media
- Highly organized and self-directive
- Effective time management
- Energetic, flexible and approachable
- Creative and innovative thinker
First Parish Bridgewater is an active, multi-generational congregation. We believe that “Love is the spirit of this church, and service is its gift. This is our great covenant: to dwell together in peace, to seek the truth in love, and to help one another.” We are in the middle of an interim period of searching for a settled minister. It’s a time of great change for the congregation and also one of great vibrancy. This past church year we were happy to welcome new attendees and members, including five children.